Dermal Face Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle Treatments in Dublin
Enhance your facial features and reduce wrinkles with face & lip fillers (dermal fillers)
Our experienced team routinely carry out effective, natural looking and affordable face and lip injections — and you can return to work right away.
Lip fillers add volume and can enhance the shape of your lips to give them more definition. We do this using FDA-approved Juvederm, Restylane and other specialist injectables.
Similar to lip fillers, we also provide dermal filler treatments. These "face fillers" can enhance facial features and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Dermal filler treatments work by applying a specially developed liquid solution to various injection sites around the face. Our highly trained team can work with you, to help you get the look you desire.
Lip and dermal fillers are a very common type of cosmetic procedure. Thousands of treatments are carried out safely in Ireland every year.
Face and lip fillers may help your face seem fuller, more youthful and rejuvenated.
Lots of people who try face or lip filler treatment do so because they believe it makes them look and feel better about themselves. If you are self-conscious about aspects of your face, then facial or lip augmentation treatment could be a potential solution.
Dermal and lip enhancements can give significant results from the first time around. Helping with fuller lips and the removal of fine lines. Such as the so-called 'lipstick lines' or 'smokers lines' near the mouth. And in other bothersome areas on the face.
Here's what you should know about facial and lip injections:
- Fillers are not permanent. If you want to maintain results, you'll need to come back for another appointment at least once a year.
- Both dermal fillers and lip fillers involve injecting a specialised gel-like medical solution under the skin with a fine needle. There are many types of fillers that can be used to do this. But we only use the highest quality "gold standard" products, such as Juvederm.
- Face and lip filler injections are considered very safe. They are non-invasive, quick to perform and are pain free. The recovery time is also quick.
- Having multiple injections will help to keep your lips and the parallel sides of the face balanced. We can customise where the injections take place to give you the look you desire most.
- The injections contain hyaluronic acid, a solution that can help to fill in wrinkles, restore volume to soft tissue in the face, and assist with hydration of the skin. It sounds unnatural, but it's actually a natural, active ingredient in the human body and in many skincare products. As we get older, our bodies struggle to produce youth-promoting proteins called elastin and collagen. Fillers can make it look as though these proteins are still working well — making us look younger.
- Some people buy filler products online and try to do it at home on their own. But this is not recommended. For safety, and to get the best results, you should get your fillers done in a medical setting by a medical professional.
The entire procedure should take between 20-30 minutes, depending on the area being treated. We apply a numbing cream before making the injections. So any dermal and lip enhancement will feel uncomfortable at most, but never painful.
The different types of dermal fillers
There are different types of dermal fillers that are suited to whatever desired look it is you want to achieve:
- Lip fillers — adds extra volume, lift and plumpness to lips.
- Cheek fillers — adds extra volume, lift and plumpness to the cheeks.
- Tear through fillers — used to instantly revive and refresh under the eyes, which can help to reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Jawline and chin fillers — adds extra volume to the jaw and chin area.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty — used to help give the nose a more desirable shape, in a non-invasive way.
Here's what a typical dermal filler procedure is like:
Dermal fillers are non-invasive and the entire process is fairly straightforward. On the day of the procedure, an anaesthetic cream will be applied to the areas where the injections will take place. The injections take place, and within half an hour you're done!
Typically, the treatment requires at least 1 or 2 vials to get the effect most people want. Different substances in the vials are used depending on the look you want — which will already have been discussed in your free consultation.
How much do dermal fillers and lip fillers cost?
The exact price depends on the type of injections you want, how many injections it'll take to get the desired result, and what type of dermal filler you choose. But in general, our prices start from around €200.
Potential side effects
Most facial fillers are trouble free, however some people do get side effects. The most common include: bruising, redness, swelling, itching and in some cases pain.
In rarer instances, some people have reported lumps and bumps, infections as a result of the procedure, and even some forms of discolouration and changes in the skin pigmentation.
Some people have certain bleeding disorders or allergies and should not opt for facial fillers. During your free consultation, one of our medical experts will run through all of the risks with you.
After the procedure, it's normal to experience some brusing or tenderness at the injection sites. You can use ice cubes or even ibuprofen to help with the discomfort.
You will be able to do most things within 48 hours of the procedure. But in the meantime, here are a few things that can help you along:
- Refrain from strenuous exercise for at least 1-2 days. If you exercise and increase your heart rate, it could make the brusing and swelling worse.
- Keep hydrated by drinking lots of water. This will speed up the healing process.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and avoid extra salty foods for 48 hours.
- Avoid high temperatures for 48 hours afterwards. If it's a hot day, try to stay inside where it's cooler. Do not use saunas, steam rooms, or go in other hot areas.
- Do not wear makeup on your lips or face for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- For the first few days, sleep with your head elevated on the pillow to bring down the swelling. Do not sleep on your face.
- If you're getting facial injections in preparation for a party, try to leave some time between the procedure and the actual event so that you can heal.
Got more questions? Book your FREE consultation at our Dublin-based health clinic today.
Our health centre is located right in the heart of Dublin, Ireland and is easy to find. Get in touch with us today and book a FREE, no-obligation dermal filler treatment consultation with an expert member of our team. We can then look at your individual situation privately and personally.